BUILDINGS OF LOCAL INTEREST
The Borough Council have compiled a list of buildings of local interest which have some architectural or historic merit, but do not meet the strict criteria for statutory listing. In such cases the Council will seek to ensure that any development affecting a building contained on this list is carried out in a sensitive manner with respect to the character and appearance of the site in question.​

Beanford Farm Barns, Beanford Lane:
Red brick and clay pantile barns adjacent to Beanford Farm. The configeration of the ventilation holes produces a variety of decorative patterns.

Borrowside Farm Barns, Bonner Hill:
Stone built barns and stables with some brick infill. Adjacent to a much altered farmhouse.

Old Church School, Burnor Pool:
Church school building in brick and slate. Hipped roof with deep eaves. Steps to first floor door, ground floor door with fanlight. Plaque dates the building to 1846 when it was erected by voluntary contributions.

20 Burnor Pool:
Late 18th century house with a lower 19th century addition to the left hand side. Cogged and dentil eaves. Stone hood over door. Pantile roof with two modern rooflights.

24 Burnor Pool:
Brick house with rendered plinth and gable ends. Modern brick porch with six panel door. Front has Yorkshire sliding sashes.

71-75 Crookdole Lane:
Nineteenth century cottages with some alterations including a 20th century end wall. Brick and plain tile porches and some Yorkshire sashes. The earlier slightly lower block has a pantile roof whilst the later cottage with gables breaking through the eaves has plain tiles.

Stockingers Cottage, 5 Main Street:
Plain 19th century cottage with coped kneelered gables and the remains of framework knitters windows.

6 Main Street:
Pair of cottages now one house. On the front wall is a fire insurance plaque.

Barns at the Rear of 18 Main Street:
19th century brick and pantile barns. Lower buildings have gabled roofs whilst the taller one has a hipped roof.

Yew Tree Cottage, 41 Main Street:
Late 18th century cottage. Painted brick with pantile roof. Yorkshire sliding sashes, and a wood and pantile porch. The Yew tree after which the house is named has a tree preservation order upon it.

133 Main Street/4 Woods Lane:
Large 18th century house of brick with a partly rendered ground floor. Dentil and cogged eaves. Main Street facade has a blocked doorway and round window whilst at the rear is a modern French window.

Barns at 145 Main Street:
Brick barns with decorated breathers and dentil eaves.

Old Labray School, Main Street:
Late 19th century former school. The school was endowed by the 1718 will of Jonathan Labray, a Calverton stocking maker and a Nottingham hosier who left 130 acres of land and £900 with which six hospital houses and a school were established. It has modern extensions to the side and rear.

Old School House, 160 Main Street:
Nineteenth century house and former school room adjacent to later Labray School. Brick and slate with polychromatic brickwork and dentil eaves. Brick, wood and slate porch. Most of the windows are 20th century replacements.

The Pines, 166 Main Street:
Early 19th century detached house. Ground floor has sliding sashes and shutters whilst the first floor has modern replacement windows. Six panelled door with overlight and curved brackets to flat hood.

Baptist Chapel, The Nook:
Baptist chapel of 1832 with modern concrete pantile roof. Front facade has round headed Gothic glazing bar sashes with green and red glass. Brick porch with cogged eaves, finial and 20th century floor.

Pinfold, 122-126 Main Street:
Restored in 1991 this brick and stone pinfold is an important feature within the Conservation Area. Photographic evidence shows that when in use the walls were much higher.