Gary Douglas Watson
Current Job: Chef? at Queens Medical Centre
Why included: Famous over the years for his classic one-liners:
1. GDW - "Whats the score?", Answer - "1 - 1", GDW - "Who's winning?"
2. GDW - "Is this match live?", Answer - "No Gary, its Escape to Victory'
3. Pilot announces "On our way to Florida we will be stopping to refuel in Bangor", GDW - "Why are we refueling in Wales?"
4. On Blackpool Beach listening to Radio 1, GDW - "This is rubbish put Radio Trent on"
5. GDW - "Lads if you answer this footy question, in Shoot magazine, there are 10 footballs to be won" , The question was duly answered and GDW replied - "If I win I'll have one of the balls, you can have one, what shall I do with the other 8?"
6. Eight lads were on a tour of the coastal resorts of England. They stopped at Bridlington, but could only find one Guest house (B & B) that would put them all up, but they had to share the same room (some kipping on the floor). They were told by the Landlord that it would be £8. When asked for his money GDW replied - "I'll give you my pound when I get some change!!"
7. In Lindos, GDW got really bad sun burnt legs, so bad that the skin was peeling off in droves. He got told, by some Manchester lads, that Yoghurt was good for it. The next day there he was, going down to the beach with his legs covered in strawberries!!
8. At the Admiral Rodney Monday night quiz, in the early 1990s, this question was posed - 'An insect flies from the back towards the front of a bus at 1 m/s. The bus is moving at 10 m/s. What is the speed of the insect?' GDW - "Ask Mick Scott he'll know he's a Bus-Driver"
9. Legenday Indian meal orderer too - Indian Waiter says - "What would you like for your main course Sir?" GDW - "Chicken Baltimore" or "Chicken Rose and Josh"
10. Asked in another quiz the question - "What was the name of the record that was always asked for in the Clint Eastwood film Play Misty for me?" GDW - "How am I supposed to know I've never seen the film!"
11. Another question was asked - "What Second World War organisation is an anagram of POSTAGE?" GDW - "Is it the S.S!"
12. Asked by a waitress, at the Old Spot pub in Daybrook, how to get to Goose fair Gary said, "Go down Mansfield Road into Nottingham and when you get to the big duck turn right."
13. Says he's soon to get a new mobile phone, from Carpet Warehouse!